Saturday, June 6, 2009

Tasmania: Australia's Hidden Jewel



Well Tuesday 2nd was a beautiful day and I made my seemingly usual drive down to Franklin.[I have now submitted my first article for my Journalism course so hopefully Franklin will not need to see so much of me. Meaning to say I can drive straight through moving onto other small locations in the Huon Valley. I do have to stop there once more though as 2 places had merchandise for MS Awareness week and I will need to collect that.



These two shots will show you how calm and lovely it was by the Huon River in Franklin

Then came Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday of almost constant rain ! sigh !
We had visitors here from South Australia and I felt really bads for them. Still they will now be back having seen Tassie in rain they want to experience it in sun :) The rain did not stop them doing things. They went to the Tahune Airewalk and also Port Arther. A visit to the latter certainly made them realise how dreadful it must have been for the convicts who had to live down there in the 1800s.
We took the visitors to Salamanca markets Yes in the rain. First they filled up with one of Hobart's great breakfasts and then they went out and braved the weather to enjoy exploring and spending. They will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment